- Description of benefits: Each member is entitled to one (1) initial thirty-minute office or telephone consultation per separate legal matter at no cost with a network attorney. In the event that you wish to retain a participating attorney after the initial consultation, you will be provided with a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the attorney's normal hourly rate. Virtually all types of legal matters are eligible for these services.
- Business Legal Services
We provide legal advice, consultation and representation for corporations, partnerships as well as commercial contracts and other common business activities.
- Civil / Consumer Issues
This category includes issues relating to retail transactions, warranty and other consumer products matters, issues relating to governmental entitlements and benefits, advice on small claims court and other general legal matters.
- Criminal Matters
These services include the defense of both misdemeanor as well as felony criminal acts of all kinds.
- Estate Planning Law
COPE's affiliate legal/financial provider has secured relationships with estate planning law firms that have agreed to prepare estate planning & asset preservation vehicles at prices as low as 25% off usual fees. These services include Wills, Revocable Living Trusts, Charitable Trusts, etc.
- Immigration and Naturalization
Immigration lawyers deal with questions concerning green cards, U.S. citizenship, work and student visas, family based immigration, deportation and removal defense, INS and immigration court appeals, asylum and many other immigration issues.
- Personal / Family Legal Services
These services include adoption and guardianship, custody and support matters, divorce, separation and annulment issues, name changes as well as other domestic or family law issues.
- Real Estate
Real estate services include assistance in the acquisition or sale of real property, lease and rental agreements, property boundary disputes and other matters surrounding personal real property.
- Description of Benefits: Each member is entitled to no cost telephonic consultation with staff model financial counselors. Typical matters include credit counseling, debt and budgeting assistance, tax planning, retirement and college planning questions. These services are provided by seasoned financial professionals and licensed CPA’s. Telephone consultations are generally limited to thirty minutes per issue. Local referrals are available for more complex financial planning issues.
It is becoming increasingly important for individuals to plan for the future. According to the Journal of Accountancy, one of the top priorities of most Americans is to accumulate wealth for retirement years. There are many areas in which the professionals we have contracted with can help members with their Retirement Planning needs. One of the most effective ways to meet this objective is to manage cash flow and invest it properly to reach desired levels of saving. The professionals who we can refer members to will assist them in charting a path which will assist them to accumulate savings and invest the savings into a well-diversified portfolio.
- Retirement Planning
- College Funding
- Life Insurance Needs
- Estate Conservation
- Charitable Giving
- IRA Funding
- Buy-Sell Funding
- Deferred Compensation
- Executive Bonus
- Key Person Protection
- Voluntary Payroll Deduction Programs
- Qualified Plan Funding
- SEP Keoghs
- 401 (k)s Pensions
- Description of Benefits: Each member is entitled to one (1) initial thirty-minute office or telephone consultation per separate legal matter at no cost with a network mediator. In the event that the member wishes to retain a participating mediator after the initial consultation, they will be provided with a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the mediator’s normal hourly rate. Typical matters may include divorce & child custody, contractual & consumer disputes, real estate & landlord tenant, car accidents & insurance disputes, etc.
Tax Consultation and Preparation
- Description of Benefits: Members are entitled to receive a 30-minute telephonic income tax planning related consultation per year on each separate tax issue they encounter. Preparation of all personal income tax documents are prepared by a CPA at a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the CPA’s normal fee.
Do-It-Yourself Legal Forms
- Description of Benefits: Our simple and inexpensive online/assisted (members will have access to telephonic document preparers) process will enable consumers to complete their own legal document preparation from the comfort of their home, without incurring the cost of an attorney, or dealing with lengthy completion and delivery periods. Member’s will receive a preferred discount of 10% off and the types of forms include, divorce, wills, living wills, power of attorneys, immigration and much more.
Matters involving disputes or actions between members and their employer, COPE, COPE's legal/financial affiliate, or its plan sponsors, agents or their officers, directors or employees are specifically excluded from eligibility of this plan. Also excluded are matters that, in the attorney’s opinion, lack merit. Court costs, filing fees and fines are the responsibility of the member.
What it is. What do sexual harassment, elevated cholesterol levels and identity theft have in common? They cost employers millions of dollars in lost productivity and expense and drain your workforce of energy, focus and the confidence to do its best.
Studies show that 20 percent of employees drive 80 percent of benefit costs. As employee benefit costs rise, workplace assistance programs like COPE’s offer a cost-effective way to target at-risk employees. Working with frontline managers, human resource and benefits specialists, COPE steps in at the earliest stages to address the behavioral issues that create, complicate or extend the need to be away from work.
A Proven Approach. COPE offers risk management services designed to meet your organization’s objectives. We help you implement policies and programs that identify potential areas of interpersonal conflict and organizational factors that can lead to business-related failures.
Prevention. Workplace violence, injury, and substance abuse are common human risks that occur unexpectedly. The emotional toll is often immediate: a rise in absenteeism, an increase in paid benefits, and the loss of experienced, valued employees. Employers can best control these risks by understanding, planning and preparing for them with policies and education.
Early Stage Assessment. COPE counselors address problems before they interfere with an individual’s effectiveness on the job. When the problem does affect performance, COPE can serve as a resource for the employee and manager to resolve the problem, often without any additional referral.
Chronic Stage Intervention. Chronic, unscheduled absences remain a challenging problem for employers. When coupled with workplace conflict or health-related leave the costs take a toll on the rest of your workforce: work hours and project deadlines must be rescheduled, work reassigned and temporary workers hired. A COPE counselor’s behavioral health background, workplace and case management experience result in a unique ability to navigate between the needs of the employee, the human resource and benefits specialist and the frontline manager.
Late Stage Care and Recovery Management. Working with worker’s compensation and disability specialists, COPE improves the utilization of, and compliance with, treatment regimes by individuals recovering from a workplace accident by addressing the behavioral issues that complicate recovery and the ability to return to work
|SCOPE OF SERVICES|
|Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)||An educational session in which crisis management skills are discussed in order to educate and prepare employees for a traumatic event.|
|Drug Free Workplace||Policies and procedures to prohibit substance-abuse at work and the consequences of putting coworkers and patrons at risk.|
|Executive Intervention||Helping key employees who have developed self-destructive habits.|
|Workplace Violence||Prevent self-directed and assaults on others that threaten the physical or emotional well-being of the employee and the organization.|
|Workplace Discrimination||Create a culture free of offensive jokes, off-color language or gestures.|
|Health & Productivity Management||Integrate healthcare resources and workplace solutions to promote health, reduce stress and depression.|
|Sexual Harassment Prevention||Eliminate workplace harassment and discrimination such as verbal, physical, and written threats that do harm to a person or property.|
|Identity Theft Prevention||A best practices policy to protect personal and company data.|
|Corporate Communication||Use corporate communication to reduce stress and misinformation.|
|Leadership Transition||Transition company leadership without alienating clients and employees.|
Training and Development
Training and Development. Training and learning are closely aligned to achieving the goals of an organization: whether to reduce employee turnover, manage company risks, increase morale or improve the workforce’s capacity to adapt to new technologies and business practices.
COPE delivers cost-effective training and flexible programs to address the demographics and changing needs of our clients. We tailor the medium and format of our programs to the message and the audience.